- Create an account on the event website and sign the Hiking Etiquette Charter. After registration, participants can access the “My Record” page to view the records of completed checkpoints. As the event requires the activation of the mobile phone's location information (GPS), participants has to ensure that the mobile phone they use for the event has this function in order to participate.
Plan Your Own Route
- The checkpoints are all located in the country parks. Participants can check the location of the checkpoints and the description of the country park they are in at the “Checkpoints” page of the website then plan their route to visit the checkpoints.
Set off for the Challenge
- Safety first! Read the Country Parks Hiking Safety Guidelines and set off in a happy mood, enjoy the encounters with flowers, birds, insects and natural scenery along the way.
- Each checkpoint has an event panel with a unique QR code. Upon arrival at the checkpoints, participants can activate the location information (GPS) function of their mobile phones and scan the QR code with the smartphone camera to access to the event website.
- At the event website, use your registered mobile phone number to log in to your account. You might create a new account immediately if you have not registered yet (group participants can enter or select the affiliation when registering). Participants are required to read the Personal Information Collection Statement and click on the consent button, and their location information will be automatically recorded on the website.
- Participants can log in to their accounts any time to check their progress.
Collect Badges and Photo Frames
- You will collect the unique Hong Kong local flora and fauna e-badge upon completing each checkpoint. The badge will be automatically stored in your “My Record” page.
- Unique photo frame for each checkpoint will be unlocked for you to take a photo and share with friends on social media.
- Those who have successfully completed 5 or more checkpoints during the event period will be notified in February 2023 on the rewards collection arrangement. An e-certificate will be provided at the end of the event and details can be found on the Rewards page.
After the Challenge...
- After the challenge, the journey is not over yet... Through this event, we hope to encourage nature lovers to learn more about the beautiful countryside, to appreciate and protect our country parks, and to cherish the harmony between the city and nature.